Pneu-Dart Type ‘U’ disposable laser engraved aluminum body RDD Devices are versatile and universal tail design for Pneu-Dart Projectors. Type U tails for 6cc – 10cc RDD Devices are their standard tail design for any projector. As an option, Type U tails have been created to support 0.5cc – 5cc RDD Devices as well. Many of our more seasoned customers may be familiar with these as Type ‘P’ RDD Devices with Flight Stabilizer Tails.
First and Only disposable Slo-Inject® RDD device on the market!
- Reduced rate of injection
- Virtually no tissue damage to the animal
- Minimizes potential for “bounce-outs”
- Now constructed with structurally superior and chemically resistant resin
- Helps to ensure ideal delivery
Proper remote drug delivery must be delivered to the O-Zone™ injection site. Pneu-Dart recommends consistently delivering an appropriate sized practice device to a six-inch target before attempting to deliver any medication remotely. The species neutral O-Zone™ is on the side of the neck forward of the shoulder.
Cannula (Needle) Lengths
RDD Devices are available with 14-gauge cannula in lengths of 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1 1/4″, 1 1/2″ and 2″.
RDD Devices 1.5cc through 10cc are equipped with a gelatin collar. 0.5cc – 10cc can be ordered with a wire barb. 3/8″ cannula are available in plain only. 1/2″ cannula are available in gelatin collars or wire barbs. We do not recommend wire barbs or gelatin collars on 0.5cc or 1cc devices; however, they are available at an additional cost. Gelatin collars comprise of an inert material retaining the RDD device in place until the injection is made, and after several minutes will liquefy, allowing the RDD device to fall freely from the animal.
GREEN and RED Gelatin Collars
Designed to assist in easy identification we have elected to use two colors for our Gelatin Collars. The traditional Green color is now used on all end-port discharge cannulas. The Red Gelatin Collars are now assigned to our Tri-Port (end and side port) discharge cannulas. Although different in color our gelatin collars function equally as they have in the past.
Unsure of which options are best for you and your darting situation? Contact your local veterinarian for assistance.
RDD Device Care
- Do not shake or drop RDD Devices, as they could detonate.
- Do not leave RDD Devices in hot places. (e.g., dashboards of vehicles that sit in the sun).
- Be careful when filling RDD Device and always hold cannula away from your face.
- Unfired RDD Devices should be handled with care and stored in an appropriate container.
- Fired RDD Devices should be recovered when possible and disposed of in a safe manner.
- Eye protection should be used at all times.
- RDD Devices are not designed to be refrigerated.
- Bring devices to room temperature before using.
Users acknowledge and accept any and all liability when using this product. Extreme caution should be present at all times.
There are no reviews yet.